Sep 5, 2016

FIXED: Windows update standalone "the update is not applicable"

I was running into an Windows 8.1 error. The error was related to a Windows update that I had previously installed. I proceeded to uninstall the Windows update (that was previously installed) and then tried to redownload the update directly from Microsoft.

When I tried to to install the downloaded update, I received the error message: Windows update standalone "the update is not applicable"

Turns out the problem was due to the wrong architecture. I should have downloaded the 64 bit update instead of the 32 bit update.

Solution: Download the right update for the architecture on your operating system. If you have a 64 bit system, make sure you download the 64 bit updates. If you have a 32 bit system, make sure you download the 32 bit updates.

To check what architecture you have:
Go to control panel
System
System Type: 64 or 32 will be displayed

No comments:

Post a Comment