So we've installed UltraVNC on all of our machines via the Administrator login. Unfortunately, when we switched over to our User account, we got the following message:
"No password has been set and this machine has been preconfigured to prevent users from setting their own password."
If you received this message, as I did, here's what we have to do to fix it.
1. Log into your administrator account.
2. Go to the start menu and click Run
3. Type in regedit
4. Go to and select HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ORL
5. Click File and then Export to some location of your choice i.e. c:\UltraVNC.reg
6. Log into the User account that is displaying the problem above
7. Browse to the drive we saved the UltraVNC.reg
8. Double click and click Yes
9. Now, UltraVNC works
Tip: UltraVNC settings can be edited in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3